Tuesday, May 25, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

That's right Sunday May 23 was my 36th birthday! It's a good thing I tore my achilles when I was a young and bouncy 35-year-old so I can't get any of those "aren't you a little old to be doing back flips jokes."
My Birthday went pretty well. My nine-year-old daughter had a piano recital, which I tolerated with much medication. She did great, it was the other 30 kids I had a hard time being positive for. I was able to find a pew and keep my foot up, but the pain was still pretty steep and being cheery was a challenge.
After the the recital I was graciously allowed to rest and recuperate in the hammock out in the backyard. It was fantastic and peaceful and mostly pain free :) For dinner the Bussell family made us a fabulous lasagna and the Moore family brought over an ice cream cake....mmmmmmm everything was so appreciated!!! (In case I forgot to mention it, Coach Z delivered our first meal on Saturday night, it was a wonderful homemade pasta dish and everyone LOVED it- and it's hard to please everyone at our house).
Sleep this evening would be mildly uncomfortable but I kept my eye on the clock and re-medicated as soon as "legally" possible. I think I have found a system for the medicine now and hopefully will keep a handle on my comfort!
Here's the next challenge, I have canceled (well, Joyce has canceled)all of my substitute jobs for the next few days. The Dr. says it would be reasonable to take the rest of the school year off. I have a job on Friday that I am considering following through on...I just wonder if I can truly make it through a full day without the option of a "timeout." I'm going to give it one more day before I decide!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're actually considering working in Friday!? Dang girl! Slow your a** down! From, your Anonymous gymnastics mom friend. =)

    ReplyDelete