Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day two the process continues

So, bright and early Saturday morning Ed shuffled me in to the POH emergency room, just because that is considered the main entrance on a Saturday morning for a scheduled surgery... Dr. Fugle agreed the night before (while we were still at Crittenton to fix me up the very next day - he had an 8 am at POH or a 1pm at Crittenton - the sooner the better I say)!!!
WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF PEEPS!!!! I don't remember everyone's names, but they were genuine, considerate, informative, comforting and they even laughed at my jokes and considering the pain and the meds, I'm not sure the jokes were even funny! The Surgery was just shy of an hour and a half and I believe Ed was told they had to do a little extra pulling/stretching because my gastrocnemius was rolled up my leg like an old roller shade, not to mention there was quite a bit of fraying...kind of a mess!
When I woke my my wonderful nurse was also my wonderful neighbor Lucy and she took extra special care of me and made sure I had everything I needed :) If you're going to rip apart your achilles, I hope you have as much good luck as I did with doctors, nurses, and all of the other little "angles" along the way.
I was home in time for lunch although I don't remember much of anything so if there is anything to report on this day we will have to turn all questions to my hubby and my children!
I know I missed my sweet friend LaTonia's baby shower and I also know my other sweet friends had my back and even stopped in to visit me after the party. Plus, Auntie Leigh put the kids on immediate and rigorous laundry duty, it was so beautiful :)

1 comment:

  1. Well that's one way of getting out of doing laundry! LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete