Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Boot

I"M IN A BOOT...A $#@! $#@!ING BOOT!
That's right,Monday at noon I went to see Dr. Fugle and his guys and gals and they put me in a boot. I feel a little bit like the Terminator or the Bionic Woman except with no super strength. I feel like when I look down at my legs I can already see the atrophy of all of my muscles... I can actually see myself turning to mush...I am exaggerating and being purely ridiculous, but with time on my hands my imagination really runs wild!
I have been given permission to shower...that is very exciting and also a little scary! For the record, I have been cleaning myself in a very elaborate bath set up with step stools and towels and cushions, a set of p-bars, bungee cords, twisting belt with ball bearings, a disco ball and a dismount mat ;) well kinda. Next up, the shower chair...I need to mentally prepare for that.
Soooo, many peeps have been reminding me to take it easy and I swear I kind of am...Last night I went to track practice...OH LISTEN TO THIS (side note) My son Charlie is 15 and he has his permit and he is now my official chauffeur. Mostly he's happy to drive, but I can see he may be getting a little frustrated at having to go to all the places mom has to go to ;P It's O.K. right? O.K back to track practice, I may have over done it on this day (Monday), but I was feeling so good!!! However, it's possible with the pain meds, the sun and the being up my crutches instead of in the chair it was too much. After practice I felt very sick to my stomach and was having a considerable amount of pain in my leg, I had Charlie drive home where I promptly laid down on the couch and passed out!
I think I learned my lesson...we shall see :) By the way dinner was a fabulous chili provided by the Boker Family...yummm.
I am almost up-to-date with these blog posts. I still have to report on yesterdays adventures at the track meet and then we (I) will be in real time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment