Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Click Click Boom...I mean Boot

Seven weeks on crutches is kind of a long time. I still have a ways to go, but today (7/14/10) marks another milestone in the recovery process. I am going in for another turn of the dial, another crank on the wheel, a click click BOOM!

In the past three weeks since my first boot
adjustment I have noticed SOME range of motion (ROM) returning.

Immediately after surgery I could wiggle my toes and that was the complete ROM for my foot/ankle/achilles.

One month post op I had the boot adjusted from a very pointed down position (plantarflexion- if I am not mistaken) to a slightly less pointed position, but still not flat enough to walk on. There has been some achy-ness in this process, but nothing requiring pain medicine.

This is what it looks like today while trying to stand with my feet together. When standing completely straight I am not able to get my left heal to the ground... YET.



However, when I do put a little weight on it I only put weight in the heal which means I am standing all cockamamie which in turn makes me wonder how my knees, hips and back will be feeling as the process continues?!?! OH WELL, WHO CARES, because at least THE PROCESS CONTINUES!!!! YAY!
(Yay, for now, I may not be so chipper after the click, click, boot)!

***On a good note, while comparing my incision to others posted on the internet machine, I will say that my surgeons are meticulous with the needle! A great sew job THANKS and THANK GOODNESS!!***


In case you're following the boot...Here it is on the 4th of July with pal Leigh Leigh. We crutched and wheeled to down town Lake Orion and rolled back home for sparklers and and Costco Fireworks in the driveway... :) GO BOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment