Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams and Songs that Motivate

I'm not a big dreamer anymore. Not to sound defeated or anything, it just that when I was a kid I had very vivid dreams and lots of them. Nowadays, the nighttime stories just don't make it through to daytime awareness. Last night however, I had many dreams mostly of monotonous daily tasks like doing the laundry and cooking dinner, but in every one I was standing on my own two feet. I was aware of the standing, I was careful and cautious of my footfalls in my dreams, but I was doing it on my own nonetheless.

I am going to mark this down as positive visualization and ride this wave of hope since so much of my conscious thoughts lately have been geared toward the things I can't do and the long, long, long time frame of the recovery process. I'm glad that my subconscious is staying positive :)

Ed says, (that's the hubby) he's going to start pumping "Eye of the Tiger" through the house and change all of our ring tones to that. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that. I mean I love Survivor (not the T.V. show, but the great 80's band) as much as the next guy, but that could be a bit much.

Ahhh, I'm a big talker, who am I kidding, it's already on my iPod, along with great motivational songs like, "So What Cha Want" by the Beastie Boys, "Push It" by Salt 'n Peppa, "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" by John Parr, "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions, "Steady as She Goes" by the Raconteurs and "The Cup of Life," by Ricky Martin where he repeatedly asks, "DO YOU REALLY WANT IT?"

I do.

I really want to do my own laundry, vacuum my bedroom, get food out of the refrigerator without fear of dropping something or falling on my face. I really want to do a round off, back handspring, back tuck again.

I really want it.

It also makes me wonder what songs carry you through?

Follow my blog and fill me in :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment